Sunday, September 29, 2013


I absolutely love the Fall.   Some of my favorite things happen in the Fall.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Football, BOOTS (spoken loudly) and the change in the air.

I was raised in a military family and we moved every 2-3 years.  So change is familiar to me.  It's comfortable even though, at times, it's very uncomfortable.

As an adult, I find my "inner clock" sensing it's time for change.  So, if change is not in the event calendar...then I'm moving furniture, changing pictures on the wall...painting a wall in the house (which my husband is not so surprised any more when he walks in the house and immediately smells the paint in the air!).

What I've discovered as an adult is that I like change...that I can control.  When something comes up from out of NOWHERE...I find myself anxious about making sure that I'm planned or I'm prepared enough.  Besides, I have a family now.  It doesn't always effect just me any more.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving up in my driveway and noticed that our two huge trees in the front yard's leaves were changing color.  I hadn't even noticed the change.  But, the trees had already begun the change because the atmosphere was changing.

The last few weeks I've felt this stirring inside of me that change is coming.  Then I started to think about what happens during the Fall season...

1.  The atmosphere starts to change.

2.  The change in the atmosphere creates a physical change.

3.  It's absolutely beautiful to watch the change, knowing a new season is approaching.

4.  Things start to die and fall off to prepare for the next season.

5.  In order for there to be new growth, there has to be death and pruning.

Fall season represents beautiful change, painful death and pruning, but to bring new life to the next season.  It's a process of new things to come.


There are two vitals seasons in your life journey.  Connection and separation.

We are all created to connect.  God wired us that way.

But, there's also a season in our journey that God calls us to let go in order to move forward.  That is where we find our identity in Him.  Not in the things we do or the things we're connected with.  It's for the good and the growth for you to fulfill the plan that He has for your life.

It's your time.  It's your season.  You are prepared and equipped.  Enjoy the journey and beauty of this change, breathe during the process and KNOW that He is doing a new thing in you.

Are you willing to let go so you can move forward in life?

Grow List 

Make a list of the things (or people) that need to be removed from your life.

Are you hanging on to things and/or people that God is asking you to let go of?

Do you trust Him completely - even if the change takes you out of your comfort zone?

"Forget about what's happened;
don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present.  I'm about to do something brand-new."
Isaiah 43:18-19

Growing!

Cynda



No comments: