Monday, December 17, 2012

"A Baby Changes Everything"

With the Christmas season approaching, there are a few songs that are my favorites.  One of them is Faith Hill's "A Baby Changes Everything."

Wow, can that girl sing....

As I was driving in my car - I had the CD cranked and was singing away when all of a sudden a line in the song really stuck out at me...

"She has to leave, go far away. Heaven knows, she can't stay"

This particular part of the song is talking about when she left to go visit her cousin, Elizabeth. I can't imagine what Mary must have gone through at that time. Being young, unmarried, completely unprepared and knowing that her life from now on MUST change...there's no turning back.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but to be honest with you...I have been caught "off guard/unprepared" several times in my life - not only in pregnancy, but with life in general. Even, the last few weeks I feel something stirring so much inside of me but not completely clear on what it is but knowing that things are about to change.

I imagine that Mary (like us) had plans and dreams and felt that with this "unexpected gift" - that those had all basically poofed into thin air. That her destiny was no longer in her hands....but her response was "I am the Lord's slave. May it be done to me according to your word."

She released it.

A couple of things that the Angel spoke to her were not to be afraid and that she had found favor with God. Those two things speak loud and clear to me when an unexpected turn in my life occurs!

I believe that just like in the natural, God is stirring up something inside of us that is moving, growing and getting ready to give birth in the supernatural.

In my life, I look back at the most times that God has changed my direction or caught me so off guard that I had to learn to trust Him more than I ever have before (not fear) and not lean in my own understanding...but continue to move forward.

I have to learn that God's plan(s) are so much bigger and better for me (and my family) than what I think is or understand to be.

It's when God takes us out of our own comfort zone and says, "You are not meant to stay here any longer. I'm taking you to a new place in Me, under a new anointing, so My plan for you will be fulfilled." It's part of that destiny that He has for your life. This could be a physical change in location, job, ministry but also spiritually...in your giftings, in your perspective, in your heart.

When we let go and fully understand that He is a sovereign God and completely trust Him is where freedom takes place and we realize that it's not about us, but about Him and His perfect "wow" plan.....and, yes, you will make it through to the other side.

I have been living on Romans 8:28 lately...it says "that right now, this very minute, that God is working all things out according to His purposes and His plans." That's my "paraphrase" :). In the Message translation (starting around verse 20) it says,

"All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it' not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting! We, of course, don't see what is enlarginging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.

"Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."

You may not be pregnant in the natural, but be expecting in the supernatural! There's a reason and purpose that He doesn't want you to stay where you are....and experience the joy of expecting something great to soon be birthed in you!!

In great expectation,

Cynda

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Unbelievable- this brought me to tears...I needed this more than you know. Thank you.