Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"He's Got This!"

I had an epiphany yesterday. You know, one of those things that just 'pop' in your head and you have an "ahhh!" moment. Sometimes I'm afraid to admit those moments because usually I get them and everyone around me has already had theirs!

Lately, I have been praying for CLARITY. Can anyone else relate??!! Seems that there is so much going on around us that instead of being just busy, I've found myself in the middle of another dust storm. Not being able to see clearly affects my judgement and, honestly...I find myself overwhelmed sometimes. Well, to be honest...a lot of the times.

But, here's the amazing "ahhh" moment....

It was like the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear...."you walk by faith now, Cynda. Not always by sight." It seems that I'm spending a LOT more time in this "faith walk" than ever before. Don't know if it's just my 'season' or if it's this season in time for all of us. I talk to a lot of people who are finding themselves in the same boat. The boat named "Unclear."






I'm reminded of the story of Jesus and His disciples. Out in the middle of the sea and a storm decides to come out of no where and stir things up a little. I imagine that where they were going was no longer visible. Maybe they thought they were lost...took the wrong turn? Things got rough and they were probably confused on whether or not they should have even stepped foot on the boat!

And now...I find myself in storms just as freaky and where is Jesus? Just like as in the story...He's right here with me.

At total peace.

He is here reminding me... There IS "the other side." God has something planned for us (for you) and when we take that step of obedience to 'step into the boat' we can be guaranteed that things are gonna get stirred up. But we're not in charge of the ship, He is. He knows where we've been, where we are now, and where we're going.

He's in the boat. God has promised that He would never leave us. Whether or not you always sense Him right there...He is. That's where our faith must increase...KNOWING He is there regardless of what we see or feel.

Get ready for snuggling. Just as Jesus was in the bottom of the boat (in the middle of the storm, I might add!), imagine yourself resting in His arms. Yep, right smack dab in the middle of the storm. Just release everything going on in your life that may seem unclear and give it to Him and rest in Him. Boy...it sure makes a difference and before you know it....

The stirring starts to settle, things fall into HIS place, clouds and dust disappear and you are able to see clearer than ever before.

Right now, our hope is in Him. In knowing that He has called you by name and will never, ever leave you. In Isaiah 41:12-13 it says,

"I pulled you in from all over the world,
called you in from every dark corner of the earth,
Telling you, 'You're my servant, serving on my side.
I've picked you. I haven't dropped you.'
Don't panic. I'm with you.
There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you." (The Message)

Father, we thank you that You are calling us to a new level of trust and of faith. Thank you for picking us and loving us - no matter our shortcomings, our doubt(s!) at times....We recognize that You are with us constantly. When I wake up in the morning, I bless Your name. When I lie down in the evening, I bless Your name. You are faithful always and forever. I receive Your strength to endure and I speak peace over every life that reads this and receives it. In Jesus' name...Amen.

If you get a chance, feel free to "comment". Would love to hear from you!

S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g............... :)

Cynda



2 comments:

Stephanie M. Brown said...

Cynda, of course this is a post that resonates with me. My prayer is that I can be at peace whilst Im in the boat. Working on being content with whatever state I'm in...

Cynda said...

Stephanie, I'm with you! I believe that God is teaching me this and it brings us into a new level of trust. If He is going to trust us with BIG things, we have to trust Him in it all. So thankful I'm alongside of you in this journey....love you!