Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Awaken......"

There's an awesome song by Natalie Grant that says "awaken my heart, awaken my soul, awaken the passion in me...." - then she lets it rip like only Natalie Grant can do!

When I was a kid, my parents always had a hard time trying to wake me up. We would try little tricks like putting an alarm clock right next to my head...didn't work. I was able to hit the 'snooze button' without even opening an eye. Eventually, I would do it in my sleep without even remembering reaching over and 'killing' the alarm clock! Then, we tried setting it across the room so that I would have to climb out of bed, stumbling not-so-graciously over to the alarm clock only to HIT the snooze button and crawl right back into bed.

It's really funny that I could sleep through a huge storm in the night without waking up, but once I had my babies...the slightest change in breathing or funny noise they made - I was up and wide awake!! They could've been completely across the other side of the house, but I would've heard it and been over their beds in seconds flat!!

I believe that God is doing something in the earth today that is 'awakening' His daughters (and sons) to the sound of His voice and to the sounds of the voices around us crying out for hope. For too long, many of us (me included!) have been asleep at what is going on around us because we've been so consumed with ourselves, our churches, etc. that we've become numb to the needs of the people around us. I'm realizing more than ever that what God is wanting to do IN us is not just for our own benefit. The work that He is doing in us, is because He is wanting to do something THROUGH us to reach those beautiful lives that surround us every day.

The "cynda" definition of AWAKE is: to be fully conscious, alert and vigilant about what is going on all around you. To be awake to ALL of the possibilities. When that happens, God is able to arouse feelings within you that are not developed in the natural...but the supernatural. It's a "God-stirring." To become aware.

Lord, I ask that You would place within us an awareness that we've never had before. That the things that You are doing in us, will be used for Your kingdom's cause and for Your glory. In Your son's name I pray, Amen.

Do you feel it happening in you? I'd love to hear from you....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cynda- Thank you for sharing "Your Story". I also agree with the staying in tune with what GOD is doing and ALERT and READY for whatever the Holy Spirit leads one into and not let oneself get NUMB. I was told this by a Pastor a LONG time ago, and I think it is still true for me: and that is we are in a society of INFORMATION OVERLOAD, and even trying to keep up with all the news(usually BAD news on T.V.) can get oneself drained and overwhelmed, and I think it can be a distraction to one's immediate focus of ministry or what the HOLY SPIRIT wants to do in one's PERSONAL life.
Women are naturally Nurturers and Caretakers, which is a GOOD thing in GOD's guidance, and not becoming Codependent or an enabler, as many Nurses (my profession) tend to be in their social lives.

Once again, I find your prayers so very beautiful, and YES, I agree with you in your prayer!

Love, in Christ, ALWAYS, Julia

Anonymous said...

Cynda- I just reread your "About You" comments and wanted to reply to one part of the list: the part that states: "having friends that understand me and love me anyway"....YOU GOT IT FROM ME!!.....I agree with that request in friendship!!! You are a treasure of GOLD! I, most definitely was brought to New Port Richey to have a divine appointment with you...there is no doubt in my mind about that!..You are a KEEPER!
AND YES, I LOVE YOUR HUGS!!!..Your warmth from Christ is very evident, as I know you spend much ALONE TIME with HIM and seek HIS FACE.
You are a great (none of us are perfect, I know) inspiration and example to me. THANK YOU!

YOUR FRIEND, ALWAYS,
XOXO, Julia